BRIEF ON THE MINISTRY
Ogun State Property and Investment Corporation was established in September 1984 and legally empowered by edict No 10 of 1985 to function as a self-sustaining statutory corporation. This was as a result of the vision to establish a state owned investment Corporation in Ogun State originated under the military administration of Lt. Gen. (Rtd) Oladipo Diya (FSS, MNI), the State Governor between 1984 and 1985.
The late Chief Olawale Otesile, the then Permanent Secretary in the State’s Civil Service was seconded to Ogun State Property & Investment Corporation (OPIC), at inception, to midwife its take-off. Chief Otesile and his team of vibrant officers wore the first mantle of OPIC leadership on September 1, 1984.
Otesile’s team then commenced OPIC’s operation with very strong volition to succeed with the mandate to fully explore the potentials and opportunities that abound in border towns of Ogun State in particular, and by extension, other parts of Nigeria.
Equipped with Edict No.10 of 1985, the shrewd Opic pioneers rose to the challenge of their callings, setting the pace of the growth of newly born OPIC, right from its cradle to mighty estates in Agbara, Isheri, Ikeja- Lagos and Abeokuta.
The establishment of OPIC as a self-sustaining government owned statutory corporation, has provided a strong base for its achievements in the Ogun State housing sector and business initiatives.
OPIC’s Headquarters is located within OPIC roundabout, Oke Ilewo, Abeokuta and it consists of two high rise buildings.
- A six floor office building occupied by OPIC, which was commissioned 30th of April 1994.
- A twelve floor commercial office tower which was commissioned on the 12th May, 2011 and presently occupied by various commercial entities.
Both buildings were developed using OPIC’s internally generated revenue (IGR).
In 2012, the Immediate Past Administration inaugurated a panel of enquiry chaired by Hon.Justice Akinyemi to review dealings in state lands and assets. This panel invited and reviewed petitions/ allegations by both private and public institutions.
One of the salient findings of the panel which the state adopted called for the restructuring of OPIC and its merger with GCDCL.
OPIC’s operations were merged with those of Gateway City Development Company in 2013. Through this merger, OPIC regained control over 22 hectares located at Isheri and it was christened Isheri Commercial City and 750 Hectares located at Sagamu Interchange, now known as New Makun City.
OPIC provides clients affordable accommodation in a world class secured, peaceful and serene environment with a conscious and determined effort to make its estates absolutely self-sufficient in meeting the daily challenges of residents.
OPIC is empowered by its enabling laws to carry on the business as;
- Property Developer
- Perform the business of Planning authority
- Consultants in Real Estate
- Surveyors & Architects
- Brick and Block making
- House and Estate Agency
- Any other investment activities calculated to directly benefit the citizenry, the Corporation and Ogun State in general.
HEAD OFFICE: Diya House, OPIC roundabout, Oke-Ilewo Abeokuta
P.M.B 2058, Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta, Ogun State
NEW MAKUN CITY- New Makun City Project Office km 53/55, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, before Sagamu inter-change.
ISHERI- MTR Project Office, MTR Gardens, MTR, Boulevard, Km 6, Lagos – Ibadan Expressway, OPIC Isheri Estate.
IKEJA- OPIC Plaza, Mobalaji Bank Anthony way, besides Sheraton Hotel, Ikeja, Lagos.
AGBARA- OPIC Estate, Agbara / Igbesa.
P.M.B: 2222 Sapon Abeokuta, Ogun State.
OPIC LINES: 08112892005, 08150458842, 08112892020, 08112892015
FARI-AROLE, Abiodun Rasaq
Web Address & webmail: email@example.com, opicgroup.com
- Gateway City Development Coy
- Shared Services and Administration Department
- Finance and Account Department
- Estate Services and Facilities Management Department
- Marketing and Business Development Department
- Legal and Corporate Services Department
- Project Management Department
- Planning, Survey & Research Department
Engineering Services Department
NAME OF DIRECTOR: Mr Mosopejojo Sokoya
- MITROS Residences and Magboro Operations
Mr Taiwo Ogunyanwo
EMAIL : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oversees maintenance of facilities, offices and equipment to ensure optimum performance and conducive office/ work environment.
- Organizing Manpower Development through constant and specialized training across professions.
- Coordinating all security activities.
- Harnessing proper documentation of records
NAME OF DIRECTOR: Mr Adeniyi Adenekan
- Payroll Services
- Issuance of Receipt & Payment
- Budgeting & Budgetary Services
- Final Accounts
- Other Accounting Service
NAME OF DIRECTOR: Esv Ibironke Alaba
- Oversees all estate affairs including rents, service charge and determination of lease.
- Maintenance of all OPIC facilities.
- Harnessing clients/ tenant correspondences in OPIC commercial properties.
- Development Control, Ratification Services and Allocation Registry.
NAME OF DIRECTOR: Mr Dehinde Boye
- Oversees Business Development initiatives.
- Co-ordinate PR, publications & marketing services.
- Co-ordinate CSR initiatives.
- Handling properties &direct marketing initiatives to Corporate Organizations.
- Event Management & Planning.
NAME OF DIRECTOR: Qs Gbolahan Popoola
- Feasibility Studies and preparation of Estimates.
- Preparation of Financial Statement and Valuation of works.
- Tender Analysis, Report and Tender Negotiation.
- Valuation of Claims and fluctuations.
NAME OF DIRECTOR: Adeyinka Awopeju, Esq
- Perfection of Title Documentation for Allottees.
- Handling Board & Management Secretarial duties.
- Legal representation for OPIC.
- Rendering legal advice to the corporation.
- Crisis mediation and conflict resolution on issues involving the Corporation.
NAME OF DIRECTOR: Tpl. Philip Akinwale
- Acquisition of Field Geospatial Data and Processing.
- Site identification for allottees.
- Administrative Survey Work.
- Setting out of buildings and roads; transferring of level/ height on OPIC’S construction site.
- Site preparation Survey works of the Corporation estate, layout designs and Architectural drawings
NAME OF DIRECTOR: Engr. Adebanjo Ogunsobo
- Managing Planning, Design and Building stages of Construction Projects.
- Evaluating Structural, Electrical and Mechanical condition of Projects
- Construction of New Makun City 1,020 apartments which comprises of bungalows, studio flats, 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom Flats (Affordable Houses).
- Opic Kings Court Estate Presidential Boulevard, Oke-Mosan,
- Development of 3-bedroom block of flats and 4- bedroom semidetached duplexes with maid’s room at Isheri commercial city.
- Developing New Makun city further to accommodate human habitation with building and infrastructures.
- Development of OPIC Alamala Estate to accommodate apartments & Industries.
- Development of Staff Housing Scheme for Government Parastatals and Agencies