BRIEF ON THE AGENCY
The Ogun State Christian Pilgrims Welfare Board was established under the Ogun State Pilgrims Welfare Board’s Law of 1983, which was published as Supplement to Ogun State of Nigeria gazette No. 33, Vol. 8 dated 11th August, 1983, which gave needed effect and Legal Backing to the establishment of two (2) Boards namely – Ogun State Christian Pilgrims Welfare Board and Ogun State Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board.
New Secretariat Complex, Block B, Room B115, Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta, Ogun State
Mr. Biodun Akinwunmi (08035550145)
Constitution of the Board
The Board comprises of ten (10) members including the Chairman. The Chairman and Board members are appointed by His Excellency, the Governor from among persons appearing to him to be interested in the welfare of Ogun State Christian Pilgrims.
While the Board Chairman is the Political Head, the Executive Secretary who is usually a Public Officer is the Administrative Head and also Secretary to the Board.
The current Chairman of the Ogun State Christian Pilgrims Welfare Board is Arch. Bishop Julius Oludotun Ogunseye, while the current Executive Secretary is Mr. Christopher Oluwole Odejobi.
Other members of the Board include:
- Rev. Fr. Vincent O. Ajayi
- Mr. Jiboku Olawunmi Taiwo
- Apostle Bisi Ekunola
- Pastor Peculiar Aboluwaji
- Pastor (Mrs.) Olarinre D. Adebola
- Pastor I. A. Babajinmi
- Pastor Toriola Joseph Rotimi
- Mr. Kayode Omidiji Bankole
- Mrs. Roseline Ositelu.
Functions of the Board
The Ogun State Christian Pilgrims Welfare Board is basically charged with the responsibility of organizing the annual Christian Pilgrimage to Israel and other holy lands with the active collaboration of the Nigerian Christian Pilgrims Commission (NCPC), Abuja.
The Board protects/safeguards the interests and welfare of Pilgrims both within and outside Nigeria once the activities are on course – such as making suitable arrangements for the transportation and accommodation of the Pilgrims and for assistance in matters relating to immigration formalities.
The Board also holds regular meetings to take policy and other related decisions. Meetings of the Board become more frequent during the crucial period of the preparation and take-off of the holy pilgrimage.
The Board also liaises with the Christian Association of Nigeria at State and Zonal levels, with a view to providing the necessary information on the Pilgrimage as well as seeking support and assistance in enlisting the interest of credible Christians for pilgrimage.
The Board arranges visits to Churches to address Congregations on benefits and blessings accruing from participating in Holy Pilgrimage. It also undertakes extensive tours of the Local Government Areas to enlist the interests and participation of the grass root people in Holy Pilgrimage.
Mrs. O. M. Omitade
- The Department provides centralized direction, support and leadership for the effective Administration and operation of the Board.
- Co-ordination of manpower planning, recruitment, induction, confirmation, training, assessments and performance appraisal, leave, promotion, discipline (General Administration and Establishment Matters).
- Collect and collate data for the preparation of manpower and budget.
- Secure and maintain all physical resources and ensure timely requisition when the need arises.
- Pension and general Welfare matters.
- Initiate memos, writing letters and reports, replying to the letters/circulars from other Agency/Ministry.
Mrs. A. O. Ogunnaike
- Sensitization exercise in preparing Pilgrims ahead of the Holy Pilgrimage yearly.
- Filling of forms for intending pilgrims.
- Collation of names and other necessary information of screened Pilgrims, after the screening exercise has taken place yearly.
Mrs. O. A. Adelaja
- Preparation and reconciliation of salaries and allowances of staff.
- Preparation of monthly returns to Ministry of Budget and Planning, Auditor-General, Accountant-General, Ministry of Finance e.t.c.
- Remitting of revenue into government account.
- Preparing of advance loan, leave bonus, revenue e.t.c.
- Collection and payment of pilgrim’s fees.
- Preparation of cash book.
- Preparation of annual appropriation account.
Holy Pilgrimage Exercise
Holy Pilgrimage to Israel at Easter in April/main Pilgrimage October – December 2017
Provision of a Toyota Hiace – 18 seater bus for official assignment in 2017 fiscal year.