BRIEF ON THE AGENCY
The Ministry of Culture and Tourism was created in July 2011 via the merger of erstwhile Council for Arts and Culture and Gateway Tourism Development Corporation. The Ministry consists of 5 five Departments namely; Administration and supplies, Culture, Tourism Development and promotion, Finance and Accounts and Planning, Research and Statistics. This was borne out of the need to
Consolidate the transformation of Culture and Tourism into an economically viable sector
To put Ogun State on the World Map of Culture and Tourism.
Mission: To identify, preserve, promote and propagate our indigenous cultural heritage and tourism potentials towards socio-economic development of the State.
BLOCK B, NEW SECRETARIAT COMPLEX, OKE-MOSAN, ABEOKUTA
MRS MELUTHIA OGUNREMI
- Administration and supplies
- Tourism Development and PromotioN
- Planning, Research and Statistics
- Finance and Accounts
OLADUNNI OLUSOLA OGUN (MISS)
- The routine Administrative duties including the staff welfare and discipline are stated as follows:
(i) Writing of Memo’s
(ii) Processing of annual leave
(iii) NYSC member’s deployment
(iv)Treating of Industrial attachment requests from students
(v)Covering of Meetings
(vi) Procurement and Maintenance of office equipment
(vii)Preparation of Establishment proposals
(vi) Handling of staff appointments, Promotion, Discipline and Retirement
(viii) Treating Inter- Cadre/ Inter service Transfer applications
(ix)Normal Administrative Routine
MRS. Yetunde Olatunbosun
- Identifying areas for tourism development in the state and demarcating them as tourism zones.
- Promoting and encouraging intensive and extensive development of infrastructure both for natural and artificial tourist facilities,
- Preserving, reviving, and developing the tourist sites and natural endowment in the State.
- Promoting and projecting our indigenous cuisines within Nigeria and abroad by participating in food fairs.
- Encouraging the formation of various tourism related professional bodies and facilitating cooperation among them.
- Regulating, standardizing, categorizing, classifying, registering and controlling all tourism facilities and operators within the industry in the State. The industry covers hotels, restaurants, bars, resorts, night clubs, entertainment houses, travel agencies and tour operators.
Representing Ogun State at Exhibitions within and outside Nigeria, e.g. AKWAABA International Travels Market, International Trade Fairs, World Travels Markets etc.
ADEYEMO OLUWASEYE ABODUNRIN
- As custodian of culture in the State, we are saddled with statutory responsibilities of;
- Promotion of Culture and tradition of the State as a whole
- Performance at every State Function
- Representing the State at any National and international functions culturally.
- Liaising between the government and all the practitioners of culture and tradition.
These pivotal responsibilities are achieved through the following:
- Conception and execution of array of cultural and theatrical performances i.e. dances drama, poetry, etc.
- Visual Arts Exhibitions, Projects and Programmes
- Seminars, workshops, talk shows etc on culture and arts related topics and matters.
- Identification, registration and coordination of cultural groups in the state
- Maintenance and Administration of cultural properties and infrastructure of the state (artifacts, crafts, equipment’s etc)
- Representation and participation of the state at Local, National and International Cultural events i.e. carnival, festivals etc
- Advisory machinery of the State on Cultural matters
- General Cultural Administration of the state.
MRS. Ibironke Elemide
(i) Monthly Progress Report of the Departments and the Ministry
- (ii) Serving as a resource support to the other Departments especially Culture and Tourism in matters relating to research.
(iii) Running and Maintenance of the Ministry’s Library.
(iv) Serving as a resource support to the other Departments especially Culture and Tourism in matters relating to research.
(v) Running and Maintenance of the Ministry’s Library.
(vii) Monthly Progress Report of the Departments and the Ministry
Mrs Okunronmu Atinuke Atinuola
Department of Finance and Account is divided into three (3) divisions with the following responsibilities.
i. Finance division: This division is in charge of Public Revenue, Public debt and Loan & Advance
ii. Account division: This division is in charge of Personnel emoluments, Public Expenditure, Operations of Bank Accounts, Final Accounts & Reports and Audit Query.
iii. Budget division: This division involves participation in Budget preparation, Budget evaluation, Budget monitoring and Budget reports.
MRS. Adebayo Omolara Adebukola
- Collecting, collating and analysing of data, interpretation of data for publication, information, policy-making planning, monitoring and control.
- Publishing of monthly, quarterly and annual reports of the Ministry’s activities.
- Impact assessment of project/programme of the Ministry using relevant indicators
- Research into area of interest of the Ministry with the aim of building a viable data bank.
MRS. D.O. DOSUMU (ACA)
- Advising the accounting officer and other Departmental Heads on all financial matters.
- Ensuring that monies are collected as and when due and keeping proper records of Accounts.
- Providing information on financial regulations and other treasury and financial circulars.
- Maintaining proper records of accounts such as main and subsidiary ledgers, cash book, DVEA book, personal advances and ledgers, etc.
- Ensuring timely preparation of Financial Accounts and Financial Statements.
INTERNAL CONTROL SYSTEM
- The Department of Finance and Accounts (DFA) also ensure a sound internal Control System, strict adherence to provisions of Finance Instrument and ensure that accounting reports are prepared in accordance with Generally Accepted Principles and Practice (GAAPP) while other staff corporate to achieve the above through accountability and transparency within the Department.